2.27.2012

Burlap & Clovers

Here's a quick and easy step-by-step on how to make a burlap wreath for any occasion.
I decided to make this one for St. Patty's day.
ENJOY!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
  • 2+ yards of burlap (yardage depends on what size wreath you use / found at any fabric store)
  • Any size styrofoam wreath (found at any craft store)
  • Floral pins (found at any craft store)
  • Decorative accessories to add to wreath -OR- you can leave it plain.
{I used approx. 50 floral pins on 18" wreath, but I did not cover the entire wreath as shown below}



What's great about using floral pins is that you can move things around or eliminate without messing anything up. 
Dont be scared to try different things out.
Be creative and have fun with it!



 STEP 1.




 STEP 2.
 Wrap wreath with scrap pieces of burlap.
This step does not have to be pretty. It will get covered by the burlap squares.
Use floral pins or hot glue to attach begining & end of burlap scraps on to the wreaths backside.





 STEPS 3 & 4





 STEPS 5 & 6




 Once you start inserting the pinned burlap squares, it should start looking like this.
I spaced out the pins about every 1".



Clover I used for my wreath.
  



ALL DONE!




.........................{{UPDATE}}..........................

Ended up making some festive Easter wreaths too!
Here ya go:






2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Bran :) just might have to try this one out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda!! Make sure to send me a pic! Oh, I can't wait to see :)

    ReplyDelete